Hey there, Dachia here. Welcome back to Focus on our Small Business. Your Tiny Empire. I’m here to help regular people live extraordinary lives by building a platform from which they can share their story… and maybe launch a small business.. A podcast for the person with something to say but not sure how to say it. This podcast is geared towards the person who wants to express themself by starting a small business. I love small businesses. And the people who build them.

So, let’s say you have a great idea for something. A service, message or product. And you believe that this idea has monetary value. That people would pay for it. AND… that you could spend your life doing it… whatever it s.. and make a living with it.

Awesome.

But you may instead decide that you just want to share something personal to you. With no intention of making money with it.

That’s fine.

Because the basic steps I’m gong to help you to recognize and take are the same whether your goal is a tiny empire or sharing a great idea with a wonderful tribe you just started or are about to start building.

I want to introduce you the 90/10 idea.

Likely you have heard this ratio referred to a time or two. It can also be a slight variation like 80/20.

And it can be said in different ways. For example: 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react. Or how you decide to react.

Another way if being it is, you have control over only about 10% of your life. And… ‘control’ might be overstating. let’s say ‘direct influence.’

But there is another 90/10 theory… and that suggests that you, or I, should spend about 90% of our time and effort on one platform, and the remaining 10% is a mix of the remaining platforms.

So, let’s say that either your potential customers or clients or followers are mostly on Facebook. It makes sense that you should have a presence on Facebook. You would spend about 90% of your effort there.

But then you would spread yourself around a bit on other platforms.

Not ALL of them… just secondary places where you think your audience might hang out.

For example, Sunny Lanarduzzi is a youtube boss. Over 250,000 followers there. She is also on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and twitter. But clearly her focus is on Youtube. You can see her numbers on each platform. Youtube is her focus.

Gary Lee seems to be very active on Instagram. Even with a team, that’s his focus… AND he spends his personal time there personally responding to people.

So, determine where your audience there and utilize that platform as much as possible.

Also, there are other great ways to reach your tribe, for practically nothing. One is to build a simple starter website if you haven’t already. Just a couple pages. Link to it in your emails and on your social media.

The other one, surprise surprise, is podcasting. Super easy.. super inexpensive to get started.

Yes, you can spend a lot of money on equipment… and taking classes… hire a coach, whatever. But you don’t have to to just get started and see if this is for you. You can make more investment in your podcast as you go… but my advice is to just jump. Even if you don’t yet know what you want to say. You can find your voice just by using it. That’s how I started.

Let me leave you with a simple thought I heard from Gary Vaynerchuk. You need to find the person who is holding you back and have a conversation with them. In order for you to move forward, at whatever speed YOU choose, you need to be unencumbered. Many of us are being held back by well-meaning people that we trust and love, but who need to change their ways, or be cut from the team.

And that can be very hard. But you are responsible for you and yours. You need to do what’s best.

If you think you could benefit from a steeply step plan and curated resources, so you are not spending so much time online trying to figure out what you need to do and how to do it, I have a membership that I created just for you. Doors open again in Fall. Not sure of the date just yet. But I can let you know. Just get your name on the waiting list. That’s on the right hand side of my main website, dachia.com.

Also, you’ll likely notice voicemail button there. Fee free to leave any questions and let me know if you want them on the podcast or if you want me to answer privately. ALSO… if you have a story to share about how you started living your own passion… either with a tiny business or just sharing your passion with some followers and peers. I’d love to hear it about. And share it with other listeners.

If you like this podcast, I’m very happy. I hope you’ll help me reach more potential listeners by sharing it on social media and leaving a review.

See ya next week. Make it a great one. It’s all up to you. And if you don’t think so, then you might have determined who you need to have that conversation with. Bye for now.